Knowledge of mathematics, physics, and chemistry lies at the core of this field. Application of this knowledge uses engineering technology -- a disciplined way of thinking, modeling, and testing that enables development of new systems despite incomplete information and uncertainty.
At California State University, Fresno, the graduate program in Engineering - Mechanical Engineering provide basics and advanced studies in design, advanced materials, alternative energy and sustainable systems, engineering mechanics, mechatronics and controls and thermo-fluids. All areas include statics, dynamics, materials, fluid mechanics, thermodynamics, and experimental methods.
Application areas in design include mechanics of materials, applied mechanics, structural and manufacturing aspects of producing equipment, and vibrations. Application areas in thermal and fluid mechanics focus on energy conversion and include combustion, heat engines, refrigeration, and fluid flow.
Our mission is to provide a broad-based, practice-oriented Mechanical Engineering education that enables graduates to become technically proficient, professional leaders through engagement in the community and lifelong learning.
Program Educational Objectives
Our alumni (within three to five years after graduation) will:
- Be engaged in a professional career of graduate studies using knowledge and skills obtained in their ME education;
- Become leaders and effective communicators actively involved in their community for the betterment of society.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Mechanical Engineering
- Computer Applications in Mech Engineering Lab
- Engineering Graphics
- Engineering Mechanics
- Engineering Materials
- Engineering Materials Laboratory
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering View 310 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit a Cal State Apply online and pay $55 USD (non-refundable) by credit card
- English language proficiency
- Original or certified copies of all university transcripts with literal English translation. Any coursework presented after an offer of admission is made will not be considered for credit
- Financial document (no older than 6 months) & Affidavit of Support from sponsors showing the amount and source of support for a minimum of one school year of study
- A copy of the biographic information/photo page in your passport
- Three Letters of Recommendation (if applicable)
- Official admission test score report (GRE* or GMAT*) - if applicable
- Additional Documentation (if required by the department)
International15147 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15147 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National15147 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15147 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.