Knowledge of mathematics, physics, and chemistry lies at the core of this field. Application of this knowledge uses engineering technology -- a disciplined way of thinking, modeling, and testing that enables development of new systems despite incomplete information and uncertainty.
The Engineering - Mechanical Engineering program offered at California State University, Fresno provides basics and advanced studies in design, advanced materials, alternative energy and sustainable systems, engineering mechanics, mechatronics and controls and thermo-fluids. All areas include statics, dynamics, materials, fluid mechanics, thermodynamics, and experimental methods.
Application areas in design include mechanics of materials, applied mechanics, structural and manufacturing aspects of producing equipment, and vibrations. Application areas in thermal and fluid mechanics focus on energy conversion and include combustion, heat engines, refrigeration, and fluid flow.
Program Educational Objectives
Our alumni (within three to five years after graduation) will:
- Be engaged in a professional career of graduate studies using knowledge and skills obtained in their ME education;
- Become leaders and effective communicators actively involved in their community for the betterment of society.
- Mechanical Engineering
- Computer Applications in Mech Engineering Lab
- Engineering Graphics
- Engineering Mechanics
- Engineering Materials
- Engineering Materials Laboratory
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Electrical Engineering Mechanical Engineering View 384 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in United States
- Submit a Cal State Apply online and pay $55 USD (non-refundable) by credit card
- English language proficiency
- Original or certified copies of all university transcripts with literal English translation. Any coursework presented after an offer of admission is made will not be considered for credit
- Financial document (no older than 6 months) & Affidavit of Support from sponsors showing the amount and source of support for a minimum of one school year of study
- A copy of the biographic information/photo page in your passport
- Three Letters of Recommendation (if applicable)
- Official admission test score report (GRE* or GMAT*) - if applicable
- Additional Documentation (if required by the department)
International15147 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15147 USD per year during 12 months.
National15147 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15147 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State5075 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5075 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for California
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.