Entering the 21st century, the department provides a broad range of experiences that prepare its graduates for art- and design-related career opportunities and artistic endeavors.
Students study and produce works that include state-of-the-art computer applications, conceptual art, graphic design, and interior design. The department has fine arts as its core and foundation, while offering areas of study that allow for occupational preparation in a variety of areas. The award-winning faculty is committed to the idea that a foundation in the crafts of art and design is an essential prerequisite to the production of works that show sophistication both conceptually and visually.
The Master of Arts in Art provides the opportunity for highly motivated art and design students to pursue study at an advanced level and attain a level of accomplishment in the visual arts and design. The graduate program emphasizes self-direction and focus within a specific area. The program builds upon the equivalent of the undergraduate major in art at California State University, Fresno.
The Master of Arts degree program in Art assumes preparation equivalent to the undergraduate major in art at California State University, Fresno. Applicants must first complete university requirements for admission to the Division of Graduate Studies. Applicants must also pass the Department of Art and Design Classified Standing Screening Review.
The program provides specifically for certain areas of interest:
- art education
- computer art
- interior design
- art history
More informationVisit official programme website
- Art Forms
- Dimensional Design
- Figure Drawing
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Liberal Arts View 192 other Masters in Liberal Arts in United States
- Submit a Cal State Apply online and pay $55 USD (non-refundable) by credit card
- English language proficiency
- Original or certified copies of all university transcripts with literal English translation. Any coursework presented after an offer of admission is made will not be considered for credit
- Financial document (no older than 6 months) & Affidavit of Support from sponsors showing the amount and source of support for a minimum of one school year of study
- A copy of the biographic information/photo page in your passport
- Three Letters of Recommendation (if applicable)
- Official admission test score report (GRE* or GMAT*) - if applicable
- Additional Documentation (if required by the department)
International15147 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15147 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National15147 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15147 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.