The Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing at University of Houston Victoria is a low residency or entirely online program (according to student needs) which focuses on the study of creative writing and poetics, and particularly on the creation, critique, revision, and publication of creative literary works in fiction, creative nonfiction, and/or poetry.
Students may be admitted into one of two concentrations of study in the MFA Program:
- MFA in Creative Writing - Creative Writing
- MFA in Creative Writing - Applied Literary Translation
- Introduction to Publishing
- Publication Design
- Legal Environment of Publishing and Contracts
- Style and Editing
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesCreative Writing View 382 other Masters in Creative Writing in United States
- General Admission Requirements. Admission to Graduate Studies (see Graduate Admission requirements).
- Program Admission. In addition to meeting university admissions requirements for a graduate degree, prospective creative writing students must submit the following application materials:
- A one to two-page letter that states the applicant’s reasons for applying to the program and their personal and/or professional objectives
- Two letters of recommendation.
- A twenty to thirty-page creative writing sample.
- Submit official GRE scores and have an Admissions Index of 980, obtained by:
- GPA on at least the last 60 semester credit hours times 200 Plus 15 times (Verbal + Quantitative – 260)
International27684 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 769 USD per credit during 12 months.
National27684 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 769 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State12960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 360 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Victoria
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.