With this license, you can practice as a professional counselor in your own practice, for a mental health agency, a psychiatric hospital, a residential treatment center, or a university counseling center, among other sites. Counseling Psychology at University of Houston Victoria job options are better the higher your credentials. A master's level degree and license make you more competitive and in-demand.
- Clinical interviewing
- Evaluation and classification of normal and maladaptive behavior
- Administration, scoring, and interpretation of standardized intelligence and personality tests
- Writing evaluations for a variety of clients
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Psychopathology I
- Advanced Research Methods
- Multicultural Psychotherapy
- Advanced Social Psychology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology View 1094 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- A 1-2 page essay that states the applicant's reasons for applying to the program and the applicant's career goals.
- One Letter of Recommendation (including the Graduate Recommendation Form for Graduate Psychology Programs) from a non-UHV, non-family source.
- Evidence of having completed undergraduate or graduate courses in statistics, research, and abnormal psychology. A particular course will be waived as a requirement if the student passes a comprehensive final or its equivalent for the designated course with a grade of C or better. The exam may be taken no more than once for a particular course.
- Graduate Admissions Index of 980 or higher. Official GRE General Test scores are required in order to calculate your Admissions Index.
- Official transcripts sent directly to the Office of Admissions from every institution previously attended.
- An interview with UHV graduate faculty in psychology.
International23070 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 769 USD per credit during 24 months.
National23070 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 769 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State10800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 360 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Victoria
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.