We are committed to training specialists. Along with interdisciplinary coursework, students select courses from the cross-disciplinary areas of Past Worlds, Social and Spatial Dynamics, or Expressive and Imaginative Works. IHGG faculty are trained in disciplines and are equipped to prepare students for jobs in their fields. IHGG students work as teaching assistants for disciplinary undergraduate majors in Anthropology, English, Global Arts, History and Spanish.
The Interdisciplinary Humanities Program adopts the University of California, Merced guiding principle of “The World at Home/At Home in the World” as its signature focus. Our location in Merced inspires this programmatic concentration, which guides and structures the IHGG curriculum and mission in two ways.
University of California, Merced welcomes students planning careers both inside and outside academia. Our alumni are university professors, researchers, teachers, librarians and government employees. Our graduates are specialists qualified for academic positions in core disciplines and border-crossing programs who know how to communicate with both experts and the public.
- Multicultural Luso-Hispanic World
- Transnational Americas Studies
- Digital humanities and world heritage
- Global asia
- The medieval and early modern world
- Performance studiesand women
- Gender and sexuality
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies General Studies & Classics Liberal Arts View 180 other Masters in General Studies & Classics in United States
- Hold a baccalaureate degree or its equivalent from an accredited institution with a major appropriate to the proposed graduate program. This degree must represent the completion of a program equivalent both in the distribution of academic subject matter and scholarship achievement comparable to that offered at the University of California.
- Have a satisfactory scholastic average, usually a minimum grade-point average (GPA) of 3.0 (B) is required.
- Provide TOEFL or IELTS test scores (international students only). Please visit our International Application Information page.
- Individual Program Requirements: Please review below any additional requirements imposed by the graduate program you are applying to (GRE test scores, Writing Samples).
International11502 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5751 USD per semester during 12 months.
National11502 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5751 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Merced
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.