Through its rigorous courses and curriculum, fieldwork, and research projects, the Public Health program from University of San Francisco prepares students with a strong practice-based skill set that focuses on inter-professional collaboration and management tools to address the social determinants of care and improve healthcare quality and outcomes.
- Health Education Planning: Plan a health education training, curriculum, or workshop including stakeholder identification, resource planning and timeline, volunteer recruitment and marketing, strategy selection, and monitoring process.
- Health Education and Promotion: Effectively deliver evidence-based health education and behavior change intervention skills such as motivational interviewing, health coaching, peer education, mindfulness, or social media messages to individuals or groups
- Biopsychosocial-based Prevention: Analyze the impact of chronic conditions and propose strategies to address prevention and management across all levels of the Socioecological Model.
- Integrated Systems of Care: Formulate strategies for mental health and substance abuse prevention and treatment in community settings.
- Applied Research Methods: Develop a data collection and analysis plan including measures and methods for research on behavioral health.
- Professionalism: Create a professional development plan that outlines goals and strategies for becoming a highly skilled health education specialist and leader in health promotion.
- Global Perspectives on Public
- Biostatistics in Public Health
- Health Behavior Theory and Communication
- Health Policy and Ethics
- Leadership and Collaboration
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences View 1405 other Masters in Public Health in United States
- A completed online application and $55 fee
- Completion of a bachelor's degree (in any field) from an accredited institution
- Unofficial transcripts from all colleges/universities attended.
- Grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Personal statement of interest and goals (2 to 3 pages)
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Professional résumé. We are interested in the progression and mix of responsibilities in your work and volunteer experience and your skills. Experience should be for college and beyond (no high school).
- Fluency in a second language is helpful as well, but not required.
- No GRE required
International67950 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1510 USD per credit during 12 months.
National67950 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1510 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for San Francisco
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.