The Art Therapy Counseling MSc program offered at Emporia State University uses art media, images, the creative art process and patient/client responses to the created productions as reflections of an individual’s development, abilities, personality, interests, concerns, and conflicts.
What you will learn
Art Therapy is an effective treatment for individuals who have developmental, medical, educational, social, or psychological impairments; and is practiced in mental health, rehabilitation, medical, educational, and forensic institutions. Populations of all ages, races, and ethnic backgrounds are served by art therapists in individual, couples, family, and group therapy formats.
- Art Media and Materials Use in Art Therapy
- Art Therapy Group Dynamics and Special Populations
- Developmental Treatment Models in Art Therapy
- Art Therapy Research
- Art Therapy Internship
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesVisual Arts Art History School Counselling View 568 other Masters in School Counselling in United States
- GPA: 3.0
- Non-native English speakers should submit official English proficiency test (TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo English Test) scores.
- Emporia State University offers beginner, intermediate and advanced courses for students who need to improve their communication skills.
- The duration of time to complete the Intensive English Program is based on the English Proficiency Test score as well as the student's initiative and performance in class.
- Three references, at least one from a current or former psychology professor. Reference forms are available online, however, letters are preferred;
- Prerequisite of 12 semester hours of psychology to include Abnormal Psychology and Developmental Psychology;
- 18 credit hours of studio art coursework; and,
- Electronic portfolio with 15-20 examples of artwork demonstrating competence with a range of media.
International21991 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21991 USD per year during 24 months.
National21991 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21991 USD per year during 24 months.
Post Master's: $10,996
Living costs for Kansas City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.