Applied Sociology curriculum at University of Indianapolis will help you understand the different ways sociologists think about the social world and its problems. We also introduce you to research and evaluation skills that are essential to determining whether ideas and practices are sound or require modification. And we connect you with the work being done by sociologists in Indianapolis and other places.
To further explore your interests and develop your expertise, we offer three concentrations from which you can choose: community leadership, applied research & evaluation and teaching college sociology.
We also offer a 4+1 program (four years for the bachelor's degree and one for the master's degree) for UIndy sociology and criminal justice majors.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureProgram strengths:
- Cross culture comparative studies
- Small classes and individualized instruction
- Flexible class scheduling and evening courses
- Practicum opportunities (field placement)
- Integration of pure and applied science
- Practicing professionals as adjunct faculty and guest lecturers
- Modern laboratory, research and library facilities
- Extensive computer facilities available
- Personalized supervision and accessible faculty
- Interactive learning opportunities
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSociology View 498 other Masters in Sociology in United States
- Letter of intent
- Three letters of recommendation, at least one of which is from a former professor
- $30 application fee
- All transcripts for undergraduate work and any previous graduate study
- TOEFL score (international students only)
International19728 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 548 USD per credit during 12 months.
National19728 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 548 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Indianapolis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.