Master’s level psychologists conduct psychotherapy, psychological assessment, and perform other professional functions in a variety of settings, including community mental health centers, private practices, psychiatric hospitals, and various types of residential treatment centers. In addition to preparing you for master’s level licensure, the program also prepares you for future doctoral study.
This is an on-campus only program. The Clinical Psychology program at Fort Hays State University consists of 60 semester hours of coursework in the areas of assessment, psychological interventions, research methodology, and supervised practicum and internship experiences. The program can be completed in two years of full-time study.
Studying psychology at FHSU at the undergraduate or graduate level is a wise career move-U.S. News and World Report recently identified Psychology as an in-demand career field. The need for trained professionals trained in the field of psychology is expected to grow 15 percent from 2006 to 2016 due to the increased demand for psychological services in schools, hospitals, social service agencies, mental health centers, substance abuse treatment clinics, consulting firms and private companies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Abnormal Psychology
- Appraisal of Children
- Experimental Methods
- Approaches to Psychotherapy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPsychology Clinical Psychology View 262 other Masters in Clinical Psychology in United States
- Using Google Chrome, submit an Application for Graduate Admission at the appropriate website:
- Pay the $40 domestic application fee or $50 international application fee.
- Provide the Graduate School with an official bachelor's degree transcript and master's degree transcript (if applicable) from a regionally accredited institution.
- Provide entrance examination scores as required by individual departments.
- Provide letters of recommendation.
- Provide any other documents required by specific departments, such as a personal statement or vita, background check release, writing sample, or digital art slides.
- International students must provide evidence of their ability to speak English.
International610 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 610 USD per credit during 24 months.
National610 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 610 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State242 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 242 USD per credit during 24 months.
Graduate On-Campus (contiguous state) $341.29
Living costs for Hays
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.