The program illustrates the mission of the University through emphasis on physics and interdisciplinary research. The program’s goal is to provide research activities and courses in physics and related areas to allow graduate students to be able to successfully enter Ph.D. programs or careers in the sciences.
Students who complete the M.A. program from Fisk University in physics will:
- Be able to demonstrate scholarship in the three fundamental areas of physics (classical mechanics, electrodynamics, and quantum mechanics) orally as well as in writing
- Be able to do independent research, consistent with a Master’s level of training
- Be able to present their own research at conferences and produce refereed journal publications.
- Produce a quality Master’s thesis containing publishable work
- Advanced Dynamics
- Non-Relativistic Quantum Mechanics
- Electromagnetic Theory
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Mathematics View 937 other Masters in Mathematics in United States
- A completed application form for graduate study, including three letters of recommendation, preferably from persons who are familiar with the applicant’s academic and/or professional capabilities.
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate work.
- A personal statement addressing specific issues pertaining to knowledge, work and/or research experiences, goals and/or interests in the chosen field
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores for the General Test are also required.
International21238 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21238 USD per year during 24 months.
National21238 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21238 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Nashville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.