If you are called to this profession, the Department of Advanced Education Programs has a graduate degree that will provide you a flexible, high quality educational experience and help you satisfy state licensure requirements.
The M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling at Fort Hays State University assists you in developing the knowledge you need to aid your future clients. Intensive coursework coupled with diligent faculty mentorship gives you the tools you need to succeed in your on campus and online classes, and in your career. Keeping your need for flexibility in mind, 50 percent of your required classes are offered online, with the remaining courses held on campus on Fridays and Saturdays. This degree program prepares you to apply for licensure in the State of Kansas as a Licensed Professional Counselor or a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor.
Fell the freedom of a degree around your schedule
At Fort Hays State, online does not mean impersonal. Our innovative virtual programs really mean you have the flexibility and freedom to plan your program according to your schedule – and finish it on time – with a community of colleagues standing behind you.
Once you are accepted into a program, a faculty member within your specialty area will guide you throughout your studies. Although the requirements for each program vary, you may be able to complete your degree without setting foot on campus, while still developing rich relationships with faculty and fellow classmates.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Educational Research
- Counseling Skills Development
- Lifespan Human Development
- Foundations of Counseling
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Management Health Sciences View 1559 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- Using Google Chrome, submit an Application for Graduate Admission at the appropriate website:
- Pay the $40 domestic application fee or $50 international application fee.
- Provide the Graduate School with an official bachelor's degree transcript and master's degree transcript (if applicable) from a regionally accredited institution.
- Provide entrance examination scores as required by individual departments.
- Provide letters of recommendation.
- Provide any other documents required by specific departments, such as a personal statement or vita, background check release, writing sample, or digital art slides.
- International students must provide evidence of their ability to speak English.
International610 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 610 USD per credit during 12 months.
National610 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 610 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State242 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 242 USD per credit during 12 months.
Graduate On-Campus (contiguous state) $341.29
Living costs for Hays
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.