Historians explore people and societies and try to see how and why they developed in the ways they have. Historians fearlessly drop their assumptions to interpret the causes and effects surrounding the people and cultures they study.
What can you do with a degree in history? Almost anything-the creative thinking, research and communication skills you gain with a history degree prepare you for a wide variety of career options.
Fort Hays State University Public History graduates have gone on to teach, write, practice medicine and law, and have entered a variety of for-profit and non-profit positions. Here's a closer look at some of the occupations you might pursue with a history degree.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Public History
- Topics in Public History
- Seminar in History
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHistory Ancient History View 118 other Masters in Ancient History in United States
- Using Google Chrome, submit an Application for Graduate Admission at the appropriate website:
- Pay the $40 domestic application fee or $50 international application fee.
- Provide the Graduate School with an official bachelor's degree transcript and master's degree transcript (if applicable) from a regionally accredited institution.
- Provide entrance examination scores as required by individual departments.
- Provide letters of recommendation.
- Provide any other documents required by specific departments, such as a personal statement or vita, background check release, writing sample, or digital art slides.
- International students must provide evidence of their ability to speak English.
International610 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 610 USD per credit during 12 months.
National610 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 610 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State242 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 242 USD per credit during 12 months.
Graduate On-Campus (contiguous state) $341.29
Living costs for Hays
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.