It will develop students' understanding of research processes and give them the opportunity to undertake research in the psychology of education.
Students develop understanding of current issues in the psychology of education and have the opportunity to engage in research. On successful completion of the Education (Psychology) MA programme offered at the University College London (UCL) students should be able to produce and communicate reasoned and informed argument, both in writing and orally.
Students should also be able to critically evaluate theory and evidence in psychology.
Graduates of this Master's degree are currently working as professionals in educational settings, teachers and PhD students.
This programme offers a good grounding for doctoral study and valuable preparation for a research career in the academic community, the public sector or in industry.
- Core Topics in the Psychology of Education
- Methodology and Statistics
- Atypical Development
- Cognitive Development and Learning
- Developmental Psychology
- Language Development
- Literacy Development
- Personality and Social Psychology in Education
- Psychological Aspects of Counselling
- Reading and Spelling Difficulties
- Social Development
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it is full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesPsychology Educational Psychology Clinical Psychology View 160 other Masters in Educational Psychology in United Kingdom
- A minimum of a second-class Bachelor's degree from a UK university (or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard) in psychology or a related discipline (for example, education, social science, cognitive science, speech/communication science or neuroscience).
- The ability to critically evaluate theory and evidence in psychology is an important element of the programme.
International24000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10800 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK: £5,400
- International: £12,000
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.