This Child Development programme offered at the University College London (UCL) provides a high-quality education in the main theories, methods, and findings of psychological research relating to child development.
The programme aims to enable independent learning and an approach to developmental psychology that is both informed and critical. Participants have the opportunity to conduct research that contributes to the field of child development.
Teaching and learning
The programme is delivered through a combination of lectures delivered by both UCL Institute of Education academic staff and guest speakers, group work, and computer workshops giving hands-on practice.
Assessment is through coursework involving exercises in statistics and methodology, and extended pieces of writing on set topics as well as the dissertation.
Graduates are currently working as:
- educational or clinical psychologists
- practising psychologists in the field of child development in the public and private sectors
- PhD students.
This programme will prepare participants for progression to higher research degrees, employment as researchers or professional training to work with children and young people applying their psychological knowledge.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Developmental Psychology
- Methodology and Statistics
- Social Development
- Atypical Development
- Language Development
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Psychology Early Childhood Education View 111 other Masters in Early Childhood Education in United Kingdom
- A minimum of a second-class Bachelor's degree from a UK university, or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard, either in psychology or a related subject, that has been accredited by the British Psychological Society.
- A minimum of a second-class Bachelor’s degree that contains at least 60 credits (excluding year 1) in the five core areas of psychology (Biological Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, Developmental Psychology, Personalities and Individual Differences and Social Psychology).
International23300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23300 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10500 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK: £6,250
- International: £14,250
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.