Lake Forest College offers a master’s degree in Liberal Studies (MLS) to adults who live and work in the community, including teachers, professionals, and anyone interested in pursuing advanced study for their own enrichment and pleasure.
- The heart of the MLS program is a series of interdisciplinary seminars, taught by faculty members representing different disciplines.
- These specially designed seminars foster the ability to integrate knowledge from several fields and to deal with major questions in light of the wisdom afforded by a broad understanding of the liberal arts.
Darwin: His Impact on His World and Ours
Public Policy and the Environment
The Idea of Law
The Mind and the Brain
The Eighteenth Century: Emergence of a New World View
Ways of Knowing
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesGeneral Studies & Classics Liberal Arts View 684 other Masters in Liberal Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- To be admitted to the Masters in Liberal Studies program, candidates must hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Candidates should submit transcript records of all college work at the time they submit their application for admission.
- Our simple application form asks applicants to write a brief essay stating how the Graduate Program in Liberal Studies will serve their needs. In addition, each applicant will be interviewed by the Director, Associate Director, or another member of the MLS Committee.
International2944 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2944 USD per module during 12 months.
National2944 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2944 USD per module during 12 months.
- per course
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.