You may be a recent college graduate with an undergraduate degree in another field who is just now considering a career in teaching. You may have worked for years in the business world and are looking for a complete career change. Our Elementary Education program at University of Hartford can help you achieve your career goals; you do not need to have an undergraduate degree in education to enter our program.
Most of our students are working and are completing their degrees by enrolling in one or two courses each fall, spring and summer session. Classes generally meet one evening per week (twice a week during the summer session.) Student teaching is required, which means there will be a day commitment near the end of your program of study.
The Master of Education in Elementary Education focuses on the following:
- The growth and development of elementary education students
- The content areas of elementary education, including math, language arts, science, social studies, physical education, health education, music, the arts, and personal social skills
- Teaching methodology (pedagogy)
- The knowledge of reflective practice, including knowing yourself
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Philosophic and Cultural Issues in Contemporary Education
- Theoretical Foundations: Children and Adults with Special Needs
- Applied Developmental and Learning Theories
- Fundamentals of Reading Instruction
- Models of Instruction: Elementary
- Foundations and Strategic Actions of Literacy Learning
- Reading and Language Arts Instruction
- Science & Technology
- Curriculum and Standardized Testing
- Planning/Assessing: Elementary
- Elementary Methods: Science/ Social Studies/Arts
- Elementary Math Methods
- Student Teaching and Seminar: Elementary Education
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Early Childhood Education View 4076 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Web Application - Please complete this online application.
- The Common Application – Please complete this application if you are attending a High/Prep School in the US or an International School overseas.
- If English is not your native language you are required to prove that your language ability is meets our minimum standard.
International13680 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 608 USD per credit during 24 months.
National13680 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 608 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for West Hartford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.