Classes are designed to meet the needs of adult learners, and you can continue to work full-time as you study. Classes generally meet one evening per week in the late afternoon or evening. Final student teaching experiences will require your availability during the day.
Our Early Childhood Education program at University of Hartford focuses on using an integrated model to prepare students to work with families, provide inclusive services for children, and collaborate with other industry professionals. Teachers will have the skills to work in public and private schools, childcare centers, and community-based programs with children between birth and age 8.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Philosophic and Cultural Issues in Contemporary Education
- Theoretical Foundations: Children and Adults with Special Needs
- Foundations and Strategic Actions of Literacy Learning
- Fundamentals of Reading Instruction
- Applied Developmental and Learning Theories
- Science & Technology
- Model Programs in Early Childhood Education
- Working with Families: The Child, the Home, and Community
- Observation and Assessment in Early Childhood
- Birth–Kindergarten Integrated Curriculum
- Student Teaching: Nursery- Kindergarten
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Early Childhood Education View 537 other Masters in Early Childhood Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- official transcripts from all postsecondary institutions;
- two letters of reference from professional or academic sources;
- completed University of Hartford application for graduate study and application fee;
- a letter of intent specifying the reasons for seeking admission;
- a résumé outlining related education and professional experience; and
- an interview with the appropriate faculty member
- Taking the Praxis Core (formerly Praxis I) academic skills assessment or the SAT (administered after 2005) is required for prospective teachers by the Connecticut State Department of Education. Please submit test results as part of a complete application.
International18240 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 608 USD per credit during 12 months.
National18240 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 608 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for West Hartford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.