Our nationally recognized program offers both master’s and doctoral Kinesiology degrees focused on educational theory and fitness for special populations.
Courses include a combination of online and classroom instruction in the evenings in Denton.
Careers & Salaries
The Adapted Physical Activity program of Texas Woman's University allows you to specialize as either an adapted physical education teacher or adapted sport and fitness specialist for special populations. Related fields include special education, coaching, sport management and family science. According to salaryexpert.com, the average annual salary for adapted physical education teachers is $56,982.
Why Adapted Physical Education at TWU?
When you are part of this program at TWU, you will learn from faculty members who have helped mold the field now known as adapted physical education. TWU has a long history of preparing educators to impact the lives of individuals with disabilities through physical activity and involvement in physical education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Growth and Perceptual Motor Development for Individuals with Low Incidence Disabilities
- Pedagogy I: Behavior Management in APE Environments
- Pedagogy III: APA and the APENS Theory to Practice
- Assessment in Adapted Physical Education
- Pedagogy II: Instructional Strategies in APE Environments
- APA II: Disability Sport and Fitness
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSports Sciences View 503 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United States
- Hold a baccalaureate degree in health promotion, public health, kinesiology, or a related field from a U.S. college or university accredited by a regional or general accrediting agency, or an equivalent degree from a foreign college or university
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher for the last 60 semester credit hours of bachelor's degree coursework, as evidenced by official transcripts
- For those seeking the M.S. in Kinesiology with Biomechanics emphasis, submission of GRE scores is highly recommended
- For international students, a test of English proficiency or exception.
- Personal Statement Letter
- Two letters of recommendation
International30528 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15264 USD per semester during 12 months.
National30528 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15264 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State15336 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7668 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Denton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.