As you develop, implement and expand your artistic vision and goals, during the Dance program of Texas Woman's University you will have many opportunities to engage critically while exploring innovative formats, venues and creative processes as a choreographer, performer, researcher, writer and leader.
The M.F.A. program is a 3-year program of study focused on developing an understanding of contemporary dance practices that values individual somatic engagement and diverse approaches to implementing artistic visions in shifting professional landscapes, including the ability to use and adapt a variety of technologies in ways that will expand notions of where and how to reach dance audiences.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Techniques in Contemporary Dance
- Advanced Ballet Technique
- Improvisation and Spontaneous Choreography
- Dance Choreography: Art of Remembering
- Methods of Research in Dance
- Historical and Cultural Study of Dance
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
It is recommended that International Students complete the application and materials for review and processing at least six to eight months before the deadline.
DisciplinesTheatre & Dance View 320 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United States
- Department of Dance Graduate Application form
- Resume of dance, educational, and artistic experience
- 300-500 word statement of interests and objectives
- Writing sample such as a research paper
- YouTube or Vimeo link to a class or series of classes taught by the applicant. Include the password if password protected
- Have three letters of recommendation sent from people familiar with your teaching, academic, and/or artistic work
- Participate in an interview, either in person or over the phone
- All applicants must participate in a Dance Audition
International30528 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15264 USD per semester during 36 months.
National30528 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15264 USD per semester during 36 months.
In-State15336 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7668 USD per semester during 36 months.
Living costs for Denton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.