You will gain the skills and knowledge to conduct an in-depth exploration of a topic of interest to you. As a student in the Biology program of Texas Woman's University, you will participate in interdisciplinary study under the guidance of dedicated faculty mentors, attend seminars featuring nationally recognized scientists and experts, and have the opportunity to publish and present your research at conferences.
As a student pursuing your master's degree in biology, you will have two options.
- Thesis — a minimum of 30 semester credit hours, including six semester credit hours for thesis.
- Professional paper — 36 semester credit hours, including three semester credit hours for professional paper and six semester credit hours of education or equivalent coursework as approved by an advisory committee.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Molecular Biology
- Advanced Cell Biology
- Readings in Biology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology View 1182 other Masters in Biology in United States
- A bachelor’s degree in Biology or its equivalent. The bachelor’s degree must be substantially equivalent to a bachelor’s degree granted by TWU
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA for the last 60 semester credit hours of undergraduate study and a minimum 3.0 GPA for all prior graduate work
- Satisfy any additional requirements of an individual academic component for admission to a specific graduate program offered by that component
- International and permanent resident applicants must submit English proficiency scores
- Submit a statement of purpose (1-3 pages) that describes your reasons for pursuing graduate work, background experience and professional goals
- Arrange for three letters of recommendation
International30528 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15264 USD per semester during 12 months.
National30528 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15264 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State15336 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7668 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Denton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.