Teachers are in demand
Teaching could not only be a rewarding career for you personally, but also could fill a great need for teachers throughout Texas and the nation. Reports indicate the national teacher shortage is growing larger. In Texas, the state education agency has identified teacher shortage areas — most of which are options in both the MAT and Certification-only programs — as well as loan forgiveness opportunities.
MAT Degree Program
If you have a bachelor’s degree in a field other than education, you can gain initial teacher certification and earn a graduate degree at the same time. The MAT degree meets teacher certification standards set by the Texas State Board for Educator Certification and is accredited by the Texas Education Agency. The Teaching program of Texas Woman's University provides a high quality education within a flexible framework that enables you to balance the demands of both your personal and professional life. The MAT degree program is a hybrid-type degree, meaning courses are predominantly online with some on-campus classes.
All courses are taught by faculty members who have years of experience in every aspect of teaching. The program produces teachers who have strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills by focusing on:
- The multiple roles of a teacher as a researcher/scholar/practitioner
- Theory- and research-based practices for curriculum design and instruction
- Increased content knowledge needed for instruction
- Application of appropriate technology in education
- Assessment of teaching and learning
- Understanding of socio-cultural and learning differences among students
- Collaborative leadership to improve schools
More informationVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Teaching and Learning
- Learning Theory, Development, and Research
- Assessment and Instructional Design and Delivery for Diverse Learners
- Effective Design and Management of the Classroom Environment (EC-12)
- Diversity in the Classroom
- Literacy and Learning EC-8
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesTeaching View 1046 other Masters in Teaching in United States
Applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
- a minimum of 12 semester credit hours in the subject-specific content area for the certification sought, unless certification sought is for mathematics or science at or above Grade 7
- 15 semester credit hours in the subject-specific content area for the certification sought if the certification sought is for mathematics or science at or above Grade 7
- a passing score on the appropriate TX PACT examination
An undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university;
A 2.75 cumulative GPA on all coursework on the last conferred bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 on the last 60 hours of coursework
Demonstrate English language proficiency
Application for admission to the Educator Preparation Program
Submit a non-refundable Texas Education Agency Fee
Interview with an interview panel
Sign a Commitment Contract acknowledging awareness and understanding of the Dispositions Policy and Educators’ Code of Ethics.
International30528 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15264 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National30528 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15264 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State15336 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7668 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.