The Clinical Mental Health Counseling program encourages our students at University of Scranton to fulfill their highest potential and make the best impact on their clients and communities.
- Clinical mental health counselors provide services to clients who seek help with everyday life concerns as well as those who struggle with significant emotional, cognitive, and behavioral challenges.
- To help these clients achieve optimal well-being, clinical mental health counselors utilize individual, couple, family, and group counseling.
- Counseling and Interviewing Skills
- Counseling Theories
- Group Process and Practice
- Appraisal Techniques
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesClinical Psychology Counselling Psychology View 606 other Masters in Counselling Psychology in United States
- Applicants must complete the specially developed recommendation forms for the program and respond to an additional program specific essay in order to finalize and submit their application. These documents are requested and collected as part of the on-line application process.
- Applicants are expected to have completed a course in each of the following areas: Introduction to Statistics (Descriptive Statistics or Basic Inferential Statistics), Introduction to Theories of Personality, Counseling or Psychotherapy and Lifespan Development (Developmental Psychology, Adulthood, Adolescence, Childhood, Growth and Development).
- Personal interviews with program faculty members prior to acceptance are required. Clinical mental health counseling applicants participate in a group interview.
International28950 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 965 USD per credit during 24 months.
National28950 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 965 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Scranton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.