The Music - Education program from University of Northern Colorado enables K-12 music teachers to deepen their musicianship and teaching skills. Offered by one of the country’s premier training grounds for music teachers, the music education master’s degree prepares you for advanced teaching responsibilities, leadership roles, and higher-paying positions.
You’ll build relationships with exceptional faculty, including nationally recognized experts in music education. The program integrates current innovations in music and the classroom with an in-depth exploration of traditions and historical roots. You’ll develop advanced teaching techniques and deepen your content knowledge, with the flexibility to tailor your studies to your academic interests and career goals.
The School of Music promotes opportunities for independent research and collaboration with faculty. You’ll deepen your skills, broaden your professional network and graduate with a degree from an institution that consistently ranks among U.S. News and World Report’s top schools for graduate music education.
Your Future in Music Education
Music education is evolving rapidly. New technologies and innovative approaches have transformed the way music teachers present new concepts and communicate with students.
The Master of Music Education enables you to master current trends, apply them in your work, and get better outcomes in the classroom. You’ll also gain the credentials and expertise to take on expanded responsibilities and move into leadership roles.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Curriculum Trends in Music Education
- Teaching Instrumental Music in Secondary Schools
- Marching Band Techniques
- Pedagogy and Conducting
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
Approximate recommended deadlines. Students can generally still apply after these dates, but if the date has passed please contact the program coordinator.
DisciplinesEducation Music View 1306 other Masters in Education in United States
- Possess a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university or a comparable degree from a foreign institution.
- Answer the application questions.
- Send your requests for letters of recommendation.
- Request three (3) academic or professional letters of recommendation from those who can attest to your musical and academic potential and abilities. You will be asked to supply information for your recommenders in the application.
- Video, recordings or links may need to be uploaded depending on your program and instrument/area while completing the application. For specifics, please visit the School of Music website.
- Submit the application and pay the non-refundable application fee.
- Domestic Students: $50 non-refundable application fee
- International Students: $60 non-refundable application fee
International36510 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1217 USD per credit during 12 months.
National36510 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1217 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State19470 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 649 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.