Southeastern's graduate program in History prepares students for careers in history, law and other disciplines that require knowledge of how the past affects the present and future – including teaching, government service and business – or doctoral studies in history. Students in the program learn to read intelligently, think analytically, write clearly, assess past trends, predict future developments and understand the real world as they prepare for virtually any career.
Nearly all graduates of the program since 1990 have obtained jobs related to their course of study or admission into further graduate study
Faculty have won awards for excellence in teaching, research and service, produced a host of scholarly publications – many of which have attracted an international readership – and held important offices in professional organizations
The department is closely affiliated with the Center for Southeast Louisiana Studies and the Florida Parishes Social Science Research Center
More informationVisit official programme website
- Europe 500-1500
- Europe 1500-1815
- Europe since 1815
- Introduction to Public History
- Public History Seminar
- History Preservation Seminar
- Historical Editing
- Introduction to Archival Practice
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesHistory Ancient History View 493 other Masters in History in United States
- Application Fee
- Proof of Immunization Compliance
- Financial Statement of Support
- Transcripts and Official Records
- TOEFL or IELTS Scores
- SAT or ACT Scores
- Health Insurance
- Official transcripts are required from all previously attended institutions. 2.5 cumulative undergrad GPA or 2.75 on last 60 hrs of coursework
- Hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution
- It is your responsibility to determine the transcripts that Southeastern currently has & provide transcripts from other institutions attended.
- GRE scores are required for all applicants
International12476 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6238 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National12476 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6238 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State9238 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4619 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.