Students in the History program from Southeastern Louisiana University learn to read intelligently, think analytically, write clearly, assess past trends, predict future developments and understand the real world as they prepare for virtually any career.
- Nearly all graduates of the program since 1990 have obtained jobs related to their course of study or admission into further graduate study
- Faculty have won awards for excellence in teaching, research and service, produced a host of scholarly publications – many of which have attracted an international readership – and held important offices in professional organizations
- The department is closely affiliated with the Center for Southeast Louisiana Studies and the Florida Parishes Social Science Research Center
Southeastern Louisiana University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, baccalaureate, masters and doctoral degrees. Southeastern is a Level V institution.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The department sponsors the Constitution Day Lecture (September), the "Then and Now" Fanfare History and Politics Lecture Series (October), the Veterans Day Lecture (November), the Black History and Politics Lecture Series (February), the Women's History Month Lecture Series (March), the Yom Hashoah Holocaust Remembrance Day Lecture (April) and the Deep Delta Civil War Symposium (June).
- The department hosts the Region VIII Social Studies Fair (March).
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Ancient History View 168 other Masters in Ancient History in United States
- Official transcripts are required from all previously attended institutions. 2.5 cumulative undergrad GPA or 2.75 on last 60 hrs of coursework.
- GRE scores are required for all applicants excluding MBA & music programs. MBA requires GMAT & MAT requires PRAXIS I & II scores.
- Proof of Immunization.
International11528 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5764 USD per semester during 12 months.
National11528 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5764 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State3432 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1716 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Hammond
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.