The degree requires the completion of 36 credit hours.
A final comprehensive oral examination (ME 799) covering the entire program of study is required at the end of the program.
The Graduate Music Diagnostic Exams in music theory and music history are required for placement purposes. Depending on the results of these exams, students may be required to take review coursework (MH 508, Graduate Music History Review; MT 508, Graduate Music Theory Review; and/or other remedial coursework). These review classes count as General Music Electives only.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureThese courses include:
- Applied Music
- Psychology of Music
- History and Philosophy of Music Education
- Introduction to Multimedia
- Notation Software
- Research in Music
- Music History Elective
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic View 997 other Masters in Music in United States
- Application for Graduate Admission
- Official transcript from each college or university attended
- Transcripts can be mailed directly from the issuing institution to Butler University or sent as an electronic transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org. The institution must be a regionally accredited college or university and the transcript must indicate the date the degree was conferred
- Personal statement (topic may vary by program)
- Additional requirements set by the particular program
International580 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 580 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National580 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 580 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.