You can start the program as a registered nurse with or without a BSN degree. Once you have completed the MSN portion of the program, you can become a licensed and board-certified nurse practitioner and clinically practice while completing the DNP with as little as 15 additional credits.
Upon completion of the Online BSN to DNP with MSN program, you are awarded both the Master of Science in Nursing degree and the Doctor of Nurse Practitioner degree. With full- and part-time learning options, you also enjoy the flexibility to complete your degree with your schedule in mind.
Why Choose UM-Flint’s Online BSN to DNP with MSN Program?
High Nurse Practitioner Certification Pass Rate
With the aim to cultivate effective nurse leaders, University of Michigan Flint’s BSN-DNP with MSN online program provides excellent preparation for the Nurse Practitioner Board Certification Exam. Through our robust curriculum, you are well equipped with the knowledge and clinical experiences to become a Certified Nurse Practitioner.
Flexible Program Format: Online, Part-time/Full-time
Designed for busy working nurses, UM-Flint’s BSN to DNP with MSN program is offered in a convenient online format with minimal campus visits. Campus visits coincide with health residencies, simulation activities, and hooding and graduation ceremonies.
- Advanced Health Assessment and Clinical Reasoning - Practicum
- Management of Acute/Chronic Problems across the Lifespan - Theory
- Epidemiology for Advanced Practice in Health Care
- Biostatistics for Advanced Practice in Health Care
- Pharmacology for Advanced Practice Professionals
- Advanced Practice Role - Theory
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Fall (final deadline – PART-TIME TRACK ONLY) – August 1
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 380 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- Copy of current RN license (submit either a license verification printout or a photocopy of your license)
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Recently graduated UM-Flint BSN students do not need to submit transcripts unless they have taken additional classes after graduation.
- Curriculum vitae or résumé
- Professional Goal Statement should be a one-two page typewritten document in APA format, double-spaced.
- International students must submit additional documentation. This program is an online program with mandatory on-campus meetings. Admitted students cannot obtain a student visa (F visa). International students cannot complete this program online in their home country.
- A phone or in-person interview may be required.
International40040 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1144 USD per credit during 24 months.
National40040 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1144 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State26775 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 765 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.