In our fast-moving global community, today’s youths find themselves maneuvering through a multitude of complicated personal and social development barriers. Economic hurdles. Strained family dynamics. Transitional stress. Now more than ever, school counselors play a pivotal role in guiding students toward academic excellence in the face of these sometimes formidable hurdles.
This Master of Education in School Counseling (PreK-8, 5-12) at Bridgewater State University offers the training, fieldwork and multi-tasking experience necessary to guide students to success.
The MEd in School Counseling (PreK-8, 5-12) program offers you:
- Diverse faculty with extensive experience in a variety of school counseling settings
- Development of critical thinking skills, as well as oral and written communication capabilities
- Professional development opportunities at local, state and national levels
- Opportunities to actively participate in state, local and national conferences and gatherings
- Small classes facilitating a more personalized learning experience
- Professional leadership skills and development
- Affordable tuition, whether you live in state or out of state
- Research and Evaluation
- Multicultural Counseling
- Group I: Theory and Process of Group Interaction
- Career Counseling
- Ethical & Legal Issues for the School Counselor
- Foundations in School Counseling
- The School Counselor: Psychological
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology School Counselling Educational Psychology View 542 other Masters in Educational Psychology in United States
- Online application and $50 application fee
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate course work
- A minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.8
- GRE General Test scores (Combined Verbal & Quantitative)
- Qualifying scores on the Communication and Literacy Skills portions of the Massachusetts Tests of Educator Licensure (MTEL)
- Massachusetts Education Personal ID (MEPID)
- Three letters of recommendation from professionals or educators outside of the BSU Department of Counselor Education
- Personal statement
International14640 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 488 USD per credit during 24 months.
National14640 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 488 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Bridgewater
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.