In our fast-moving global community, today’s youths find themselves maneuvering through a multitude of complicated personal and social development barriers. Economic hurdles. Strained family dynamics. Transitional stress. Now more than ever, school counselors play a pivotal role in guiding students toward academic excellence in the face of these sometimes formidable hurdles.
The MEd in School Counseling program offers you:
- Diverse faculty with extensive experience in a variety of school counseling settings
- Development of critical thinking skills, as well as oral and written communication capabilities
- Professional development opportunities at local, state and national levels
- Opportunities to actively participate in state, local and national conferences and gatherings
- Small classes facilitating a more personalized learning experience
- Professional leadership skills and development
- Affordable tuition, whether you live in state or out of state
More informationVisit official programme website
- Research and Evaluation
- Multicultural Counseling
- Group I: Theory and Process of Group Interaction
- Introduction to Career Counseling
- Ethical & Legal Issues for the School Counselor
- Foundations in School Counseling
- The School Counselor: Psychological
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCounselling View 897 other Masters in Counselling in United States
- Online application and $50 application fee
- Transcripts - Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate course work
- Minimum GPA - Minimum undergraduate cumulative GPA of 2.8 (or 3.0 based upon last 60 credits). If candidate holds a Master's degree, a minimum graduate GPA of 3.5 is required
- GRE Scores- A composite score of 290 or greater on the quantitative and verbal parts of the GRE General Test
- MTEL Score - A passing score on the Communication and Literacy portion of the MTEL
- Letters of Recommendation
- Personal Statement
National439 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 439 USD per credit and a duration of 48 months.
In-State439 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 439 USD per credit and a duration of 48 months.
- Tuition: $1,260.00
- Required Fees (all students): $6,641.28
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.