On-campus occupational therapy courses are scheduled on two weekends each month in the fall, spring, and summer semesters, so that adults may continue to work or raise their families while preparing for a professional career.
The Occupational Therapy Program at Barry University integrates face to face and distance education.
Students complete a 12-week full-time fieldwork placement in a general rehabilitation or skilled nursing center after the first year of study, and another full-time fieldwork placement after the second year. The program can be completed in two and a half years.
No credit is awarded for experiential learning or work experience.
Students are required to have computer access and web cam.
The faculty at Barry University work as occupational therapists, while teaching on weekends. Their dedication to alternative education for adult learners makes them unique.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Kinesiology for Health Science Majors
- Principles of Occupational Therapy
- Neuroscience Fundamentals for Occupational Therapy
- Conditions in Childhood
- Evaluation with Children
- Development and Intervention in Childhood
- Conditions in Adulthood
- Evaluation with Adults
- Activities of Daily Living: Strategies for Special Needs
- Development and Intervention in Adulthood
- Conditions in Later Life
- Evaluation with Older Adults
- Development and Intervention in Later Life
- Clinical Practicum and Seminar
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Sciences View 1352 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Most programs require a $30 nonrefundable application fee. This fee is waived for Barry alumni or those referred by Barry alumni.
- You must submit complete official transcripts from every college or university attended, regardless of whether or not a degree was completed. If you previously attended Barry University, you do not need to re-submit any transcripts already on file.
- Submit a statement of purpose (goals) or career narrative statement as required by the specific school.
- Provide the required recommendations in support of graduate study.
- Supply current admission entrance examination scores (EAT, GMAT, GRE, LSAT, MAT, MCAT), as required by the individual school or program. In general, test scores older than five years will not be accepted.
International990 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 990 USD per credit during 12 months.
National990 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 990 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for North Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.