Through engagement with the current literature in education, reflection on their own practice, and engagement in the research process, students will explore the impact of applying student centered approaches on teaching and learning in K-12 physical education.
The Physical Education - Teaching Games for Understanding concentration at Bridgewater State University will be delivered as a cohort model with a minimum of six students and a maximum of 15. The cohort will include physical education teachers who have completed an initial licensure program in physical education. The program will be completed part-time in two years, and it includes a two-week summer institute in both years.
Non-degree students who are looking for professional development in Teaching Games for Understanding may participate in the summer institute courses.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Concepts of Curriculum Development
- Research Methods in Physical Education
- Educational Games for Elementary and Middle School Level
- Improving Teaching Effectiveness in Physical Education
- Critical Pedagogy in Physical Education
- Adventure-Based Physical Education
- Educational Dance in the School Setting
- Qualitative Data Analysis in Physical Education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
Overseas students are advised to seek admission at least one month before the deadline.
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy Teaching Sports Sciences View 424 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United States
- Online application and $50 application fee
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate course work
- A minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0
- GRE Scores are currently being waived due to COVID-19
- Three appropriate letters of recommendation with preference given to academic letters of reference
- Personal statement .
International475 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 475 USD per credit during 12 months.
National475 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 475 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Bridgewater
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.