Program requirements have been designed to meet current state licensing requirements (CMR 262) and initial licensure by the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education as a school social worker/school adjustment counselor.
The Mental Health Counseling - Dual License MEd at Bridgewater State University offers:
- Diverse faculty with extensive teaching and administrative experience in the fields of mental health counseling
- Development of critical thinking skills, as well as oral and written communication capabilities
- Small classes facilitating a more personalized learning experience
- Affordable tuition, whether you live in state or out of state
- Provides a comfortable learning environment for older, non-traditional graduate students
More informationVisit official programme website
- Counseling Theories and Techniques for Mental Health Counseling
- Multicultural Counseling
- Research and Evaluation
- The Professional Counselor: Standards, Ethics and Legal Issues
- Applied Counseling: Adolescent-Adult
- Applied Counseling: Pre-Adolescent
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Management Health Sciences View 1078 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- Online application and $50 application fee
- Transcripts - Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate course work
- Minimum GPA - Minimum undergraduate cumulative GPA of 2.8 (or 3.0 based upon last 60 credits). If candidate holds a Master's degree, a minimum graduate GPA of 3.5 is required
- GRE Scores- A composite score of 290 or greater on the quantitative and verbal parts of the GRE General Test
- MTEL Score - A passing score on the Communication and Literacy portion of the MTEL
- Letters of Recommendation
- Personal Statement
National439 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 439 USD per credit and a duration of 48 months.
In-State439 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 439 USD per credit and a duration of 48 months.
- Tuition: $1,260.00
- Required Fees (all students): $6,641.28
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.