Barry University’s Department of Counseling has a long history of preparing students to be professional counselors, scholars, and leaders. Our MS in Counseling programs integrate theory, research, and practice so graduates are not only prepared as counselors but also leaders in the field.
An inclusive academic community is fostered through collaboration, scholarly and critical analysis, and respect. Because we value diversity, we are committed to promoting student and system multicultural competence and sensitivity. We train students to become counselors who assist individuals, couples, and families find solutions and untapped resources to work through challenges that bring them to counseling.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Orientation to the Counseling Profession
- Crisis Intervention
- Legal & Ethical Issues in Counseling
- Human Growth and Development
- Psychological Measurements
- Social and Cultural Issues in Counseling
- Individual Counseling Procedures
- Career Development and Life Work Planning
- Group Counseling Procedures
- Family Counseling and Therapy
- Counseling Theories and Interventions
- Counseling Practicum
- Methodology of Research
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCounselling View 886 other Masters in Counselling in United States
- Application including statement of purpose and goals
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited or internationally recognized college or university with appropriate credits as indicated by transcripts with a cumulative grade point average of 3.00 (B) or higher.
- If undergraduate cumulative grade point average is less than 3.00 (B), then acceptable and recent score on the Miller Analogies Test or Graduate Record Examination
- Two recent professional recommendations for graduate study including a letter from a former professor
- Current resume
International990 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 990 USD per credit and a duration of .
National990 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 990 USD per credit and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.