In this Performance degree at Belmont University, students prepare to become professional performing musicians. It is assumed that most graduates of the Performance Major will either become professional performers or continue study in doctoral programs leading to university teaching positions.
Potential Career Options
- Professional musician in orchestra or opera company
- Member of a military performing ensemble
- Participation in a touring musical group or ensemble
- University professor and applied lesson teacher
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Introduction to Music Research
- Music History Seminar
- Analytical Techniques
- Introduction to Pedagogy of Applied Music
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed Belmont University Graduate Studies Application for Admission.
- Two completed recommendation forms from individuals who know the applicant's musical abilities. At least one recommendation must be completed by an individual who can address the applicant's academic accomplishments and potential.
- The $50 non-refundable application fee.
- Official transcripts of all previous college and masters level work.
International44200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1300 USD per credit during 12 months.
National44200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1300 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Nashville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.