Coursework includes applied lessons, performance seminar, ensemble participation, literature and pedagogy. Supporting courses in music include research, history, and theory. Students are offered frequent opportunities to perform both on and off campus.
- At Belmont University, minimum language requirements for our MM in Voice Pedagogy is to have completed undergraduate lyric diction courses in the following languages; French, Italian, English, and German.
- It is also highly recommended that applicants have completed undergraduate language courses in French, German, and Italian. Review work may be required during the first year if diction is found to be deficient.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Music History Seminar
- Analytical Techniques
- Culminating Project/Examinations
- Graduate Chamber Music Studies
- Ensemble Internship
- Graduate Ensemble Studies
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Music Performance View 225 other Masters in Music Performance in United States
- Two completed recommendation forms from individuals who know the applicant's musical abilities. At least one recommendation must be completed by an individual who can address the applicant's accomplishments and potential in the academic classroom setting.
- A list of repertory studied in the principal performing area, including undergraduate junior and senior recital repertory, if applicable.
- A writing sample from undergraduate academic course work.
- Official transcripts of all previous college and masters level work. International applicants with college level coursework from foreign institutions must have their transcripts evaluated by a credential evaluation service such as World Education Services (wes.org). Applicants must have a minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA. Students who have earned below a 3.0 may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
International23800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1400 USD per credit during 24 months.
National23800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1400 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Nashville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.