Pedagogy courses include two semesters of pedagogy, and one or two semesters of supervised teaching. Applied study and literature are also part of the major. Supporting music courses include research, theory, history and ensemble. Vocal Pedagogy students participate and can be Graduate Assistants in the Vocal Arts Lab.
- Pedagogy majors at Belmont University are required to successfully complete comprehensive written and oral examinations.
- The culminating project is a choice of either the lecture recital or the thesis/project track.
- Music History Seminar
- Analytical Techniques
- Culminating Project/Examinations
- Graduate Chamber Music Studies
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Pedagogy View 223 other Masters in Pedagogy in United States
- Two completed recommendation forms from individuals who know the applicant's musical abilities. At least one recommendation must be completed by an individual who can address the applicant's accomplishments and potential in the academic classroom setting.
- A list of repertory studied in the principal performing area, including undergraduate junior and senior recital repertory, if applicable.
- A writing sample from undergraduate academic course work.
- Official transcripts of all previous college and masters level work. International applicants with college level coursework from foreign institutions must have their transcripts evaluated by a credential evaluation service such as World Education Services (wes.org). Applicants must have a minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA. Students who have earned below a 3.0 may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
International23800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1400 USD per credit during 24 months.
National23800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1400 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Nashville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.