Students in related non-engineering fields who have a strong background in mathematics and physics may be admitted to the option on a provisional basis. At a minimum, such students must successfully complete undergraduate-level engineering coursework in statics, mechanics of materials, geomechanics, and engineering economy.
The final examination for thesis and publishable paper-option of the Geological Engineering program of Montana Technological University will consist of an oral presentation and defense of thesis or paper. Questions may be asked on any topic related to the thesis/paper or course work taken as part of the graduate program. The presentation will be open to all interested parties, but the defense will be open only to the student’s graduate committee.
The final examination for non-thesis option students will consist of a written and/or oral examination formulated by the student’s graduate committee. The oral examination will draw questions from the written examination plus any course work undertaken as part of the graduate program.
Students who are not already certified as an Engineer-In-Training are required to take the national Fundamentals of Engineering examination.
- Structural Geology for Engineers
- Geomorphology Photogeology
- Field Geology & Geophysics
- Mining Geology
- Metallic Ore Deposits
- Hydrogeology for Engineers
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesGeology General Engineering & Technology View 268 other Masters in Geology in United States
- BS in Geological, Mining, Geophysical, or Civil Engineering
- Official transcripts are required from all undergraduate and graduate schools attended
- An undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or above is required for full admission. For provisional admission status, an undergraduate GPA between 2.7 and 3.0 is required
- Personal/Professional Statement
- Three references are required for admission
- Students who have not attended a college or university in the United States or in the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, or New Zealand must provide evidence of English proficiency
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores
International48740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24370 USD per semester during 12 months.
National48740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24370 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State14560 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7280 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Butte
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.