Montana Tech’s program offers graduate courses and research projects in the areas of electric energy and power, automation and control systems, signal processing, and instrumentation. Other areas of emphasis may be tailored to the students' needs.
The faculty of the Electrical Engineering program of Montana Technological University has an excellent track record in attracting industry and government funded research projects. The projects provide students the opportunity to solve many challenging real-life engineering problems. Recent funded graduate research projects include:
- Development of a battery diagnostic instrumentation system for NASA for next-generation hybrid and electric vehicles. Several students worked closely with researchers from the Idaho National Laboratory.
- Development of blade pitching control algorithms to improve the efficiency of wind turbines. Many of the concepts are now used in industry.
- Researching new control schemes for improving performance and preventing blackouts in large power grids. Students work closely with other universities, industry, and researchers from the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
- Working with researchers at the Idaho National Laboratory, students are designing and implementing an instrumentation and control system for mine-waste remediation.
- Advanced Signals & Systems
- Engineering Optimization
- Embedded Controllers
- Random Signals
- Discrete-Time Control Systems
- Advanced Control Systems
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 1852 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United States
- Official transcripts are required from all undergraduate and graduate schools attended
- An undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or above is required for full admission. For provisional admission status, an undergraduate GPA between 2.7 and 3.0 is required
- Personal/Professional Statement
- Three references are required for admission
- Students who have not attended a college or university in the United States or in the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, or New Zealand must provide evidence of English proficiency
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores
International48740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24370 USD per semester during 12 months.
National48740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24370 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State14560 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7280 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Butte
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.