Theatre Studies - Production and Design from Southern Oregon University is an intensive program specifically designed for working middle school, high school and community college theatre educators that provides thorough training in the essentials of script analysis, design, and production aspects of the theatrical process
The SOU residency portion of the program includes active discussion of production elements, including script analysis, scenic, costume, lighting and sound design, direction and stage management, stage management, hands-on training in all production areas, and practical application of technical processes. Evenings are spent attending plays at the Oregon Shakespeare Festival, followed by an evening of play analysis and discussion, plus other special events including time to work on projects.
- Scenic Designer
- Costume Designer
- Sound Designer
- Lighting Designer
- Projection/Media Designer
- Sound Engineer
- Studio Engineer
- Master Electrician
- Dramaturg (Literary Manager)
- Stage Manager
- Production Assistant
- Production Manager
- Theatre Administration
- Theatre Management
- Artistic Director
- Theatre Education
More informationVisit official programme website
- Principles of Production Analysis-Representational Theatre
- Principles of Production Analysis-Presentational Theatre
- Principles of Production Analysis-Musical Theatre
- Design Elements-Representational Theatre
- Design Elements-Presentational Theatre
- Design Elements-Musical Theatre
- Production Implementation-Representational Theatre
- Production Implementation-Presentational Theatre
- Production Implementation-Musical Theatre
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Theatre & Dance View 350 other Masters in Design in United States
- Education and theatrical resumés,
- one- to two-page statement of purpose
- three letters of professional reference
- Complete two graduate student applications for admission: 1) Online international graduate student application. 2) Departmental graduate student application.
- Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree or an advanced degree from an accredited college or university, as defined by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers.
- Grade Point Average (GPA) Minimum Criteria: 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (in the last 90 quarter or 60 semester credits of undergraduate coursework)
- Submit official English Proficiency exam results or attend the Intensive English Program.
- Send a copy of your university diploma.
- Submit official transcripts from your prior universities, including an English-language version.
International7116 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3558 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National7116 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3558 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
In-State5892 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2946 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.