Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Southern Oregon University prepares candidates to be competent, culturally aware, ethical counselors who will provide exceptional mental health services in both public and private settings to meet the needs of increasingly diverse communities.
Students develop a deep understanding of the personhood of the counselor as an important foundation for the counseling relationship and attain a broad theoretical and empirical understanding of counseling approaches.
Career opportunities for a Mental Health Counselor:
- Inpatient or Outpatient Detoxification Centers
- Mental Health Facilities & Agencies
- Residential Care Facilities
- Halfway Houses
- Geriatric-Related Facilities
- VA Medical Hospitals and Outpatient Clinics
- Correctional Facilities and/or Prisons
- The Educational System
- Rehabilitation Centers & Agencies
- Nonprofit or Social Service Agencies
- Religious Institutions
- Public or Private Practice
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Ethics And Roles
- Advanced Psychopathology
- Group Counseling
- Sub. Abuse & Psychopharmacology
- Treatment Planning & Consultation
- Multicultural Mental Health
- Family & Couples Counseling
- Career Counseling
- Crisis Intervention
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Priority deadline is February 1 every year. Following the priority deadline, there is rolling admissions until we are full.
DisciplinesCounselling Clinical Psychology View 878 other Masters in Counselling in United States
- Complete two graduate student applications for admission: 1) Online international graduate student application. 2) Departmental graduate student application.
- Submit official transcripts from your prior universities, including an English-language version.
- Send a copy of your university diploma.
- Submit official English Proficiency exam results or attend the Intensive English Program.
- Grade Point Average (GPA) Minimum Criteria: 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (in the last 90 quarter or 60 semester credits of undergraduate coursework)
- Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree or an advanced degree from an accredited college or university, as defined by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers.
International7116 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3558 USD per semester during 12 months.
National7116 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3558 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State5892 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2946 USD per semester during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.