On the Nursing - Family Nurse Practitioner from University of Alabama Huntsville program, classes are usually offered one day per week and may be offered on campus, or through web-based courses.
Family nurse practitioners are advanced practice nurses who function as primary care providers to clients of any age, focusing on common health care problems.
These skilled health care providers use expert clinical judgment and decision making in the performance of comprehensive health assessments, differential diagnoses, and prescribing of pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic interventions in the direct treatment of health problems.
These work in collaborative practices with primary care physicians to deliver culturally sensitive care to clients.
The UAH College of Nursing BSN, MSN, and DNP programs are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). The College of Nursing maintains approval status by the Alabama Board of Nursing.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced hlth assessment
- Adv pathophysiology
- Pharmacology in adv prac
- Family nurse practitioner
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 887 other Masters in Public Health in United States
- For admission to the Graduate School, applicants must hold a bachelor's degree, or equivalent, from an approved institution.
- The following minimum requirements are acceptable to the graduate school; individual colleges and/or departments may require higher grade point averages and test scores or additional or more specific requirements.
- See college/departmental sections for specific admissions information
- the applicant is the holder of a graduate degree from an accredited institution;
- the applicant presents evidence of having taken the GRE/MAT over five years ago and hence cannot obtain official scores;
- FE exam may be accepted for some engineering degrees. If available, a candidate must show proof of passing the exam.
- applicants must have a minimum total score of 410 on the MAT.
International24430 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 24430 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National24430 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 24430 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State10632 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10632 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.