Course offerings are complemented by a varied agenda of activities and publications sponsored by the Center for Portuguese Studies and Culture.
- guest lectures
- state-of-the-art colloquia
- Portuguese-American Archives
- international, peer-reviewed academic journal
- Portuguese Literary and Cultural Studies
The Portuguese Studies program of University of Massachusetts Dartmouth provides the knowledge required for teaching Portuguese in secondary schools and community and junior colleges, as well as to succeed professionally in a wide range of employment opportunities available in our region, nationally and internationally. Students are well-prepared to continue their studies toward a PhD.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Portuguese Composition and Conversation
- Introduction to Literary and Cultural Analysis
- Introduction to Portuguese Literature
- Introduction to Brazilian Literature
- Introduction to Lusophone African Literatures
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Language Studies View 398 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
- Statement of purpose: 300 - 600 words
- Official transcripts: from all post-secondary institutions attended (regardless if a credential is earned or not)
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scores sent directly from ETS or testing agency
International22183 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22183 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National22183 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22183 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State12292 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12292 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.