Students in the Marine Science and Technology program of University of Massachusetts Dartmouth work independently as well as collaboratively with our renowned faculty and some of the most highly regarded oceanographic institutions and may pursue a range of leading-edge research projects in areas that include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Biochemical cycling
- Coastal Ecosystem Dynamics and Restoration
- Computational Modeling
- Fisheries Science
- Marine Renewable Energy
- Ocean Physics
- Options for thesis or non-thesis program of study
- Thesis option requires a minimum of 30 credit hours and the non-thesis option requires 33 credit hours
- Full-time MS students normally complete their degree requirements in four semesters
- Part-time MS students are encouraged to take at least two courses per semester
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Ocean Hazards
- Introduction to Geological Oceanography
- Introduction to Fisheries Science
- Pollutant Transport in the Environment
- Natural Resource Economics for Policy Makers
- Special Topic: in Fisheries Oceanography: Field Methods for Fisheries Research
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMarine Engineering View 55 other Masters in Marine Engineering in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Completion of an undergraduate or graduate degree with a GPA of 3.00 or higher
- Completion of an undergraduate major in one of the basic scientific disciplines or engineering, or strong multidisciplinary training
- Completion of at least six semesters of coursework in the natural sciences, generally to include biology, chemistry, and/or physics
- Preparation in mathematics at least through integral calculus is strongly encouraged
International22183 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22183 USD per year during 24 months.
National22183 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22183 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State12292 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12292 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.