The Master of Education Degree in Secondary Education program consists of a minimum of 30 semester hours. An electronic portfolio is required prior to graduation.
All courses are three semester hours, except the thesis (which is optional) or practice teaching fieldwork. Each of the specializations has four areas of study.
- Secondary School Curriculum
- Problems of Secondary Education
- Principles of Learning
- Principles of Learning Clinical Lab
- Appraisal and Evaluation in Secondary Education
- Methods of Teaching Secondary School Subject: Communication
- Methods of Teaching Secondary School Subject: Foreign Language
- Methods of Teaching Secondary School Subject: Mathematics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation View 3667 other Masters in Education in United States
- Undergraduate degree in any discipline
- $35 application fee
- Official transcripts from previously attended colleges or universities
- Professional goals statement
- Letters of recommendation are optional
International774 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 774 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National774 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 774 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State526 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 526 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.