Graduate study in mechanical engineering prepares students for work that requires a greater degree of autonomy and mastery.
The Mechanical Engineering program at University of Alaska Anchorage has a thesis and a non-thesis option. The thesis option includes a focus on skills related to the acquisition of new knowledge and is designed for students who wish to pursue research-oriented occupations or to eventually pursue a PhD degree, as well as to prepare for advanced professional engineering practice. The non-thesis option is designed for students who wish to further emphasize engineering practice and prefer to substitute additional classroom education and a comprehensive written exam or a project and comprehensive oral exam for graduate research experience.
The UAA mechanical engineering graduate program objectives are to provide graduates with:
- Graduate-level technical knowledge within mechanical engineering.
- An ability to conceive and conduct graduate-level engineering research and problem solving.
- An ability to effectively communicate graduate-level engineering concepts and applications.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Mechanical Engineering Department offers the Fast Track MSME Option to current UAA Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (BSME) students interested in pursuing an MSME degree.
- Students admitted to the Fast Track MSME Option are allowed to count up to nine (9) credits of coursework towards both the BSME and MSME Graduation Requirements, the equivalent of one (1) semester of full-time graduate student enrollment. Students should be admitted to the Fast Track MSME Option and establish an approved Graduate Study Plan (GSP) before the first semester of the BSME Program senior year and before Fast Track MSME Option coursework commences.
- Students will be granted a BSME degree upon completion of the BSME Graduation Requirements and an MSME degree upon completion of the MSME Graduation Requirements.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering View 305 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in United States
- A completed UAA graduate application.
- Official transcripts of all college-level work.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) results, taken within two years prior to the application date.
- Three letters of recommendation from professors or other professionals particularly qualified to attest to the applicant’s qualifications for graduate-level research and study.
- A resume or curriculum vitae.
- A one-page personal statement discussing the applicant’s credentials and readiness for graduate studies.
International1079 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1079 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1079 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1079 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State513 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 513 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.