Students must complete coursework in the core competency areas of Arctic, environmental, geotechnical, structures, transportation, or water resources engineering and one course in mathematics at the 400-level or higher, all with a grade of B or better. Students electing to complete the Civil Engineering Project Option or the Comprehensive Exam Option must complete one 600-level course from the Engineering, Science and Project Management (ESPM) Department course offerings as part of their required course work. The remaining courses for any of the options shall be selected from any of the following emphasis areas or as approved by the student’s graduate committee. Courses at the 400 level must be approved by the student’s graduate committee.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Frozen Ground Engineering
- Ice Engineering
- Arctic Hydrology and Hydraulic Engineering
- Arctic Utility Distribution
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction View 365 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United States
- Satisfy the General University Requirements for Graduate Degrees.
- Complete one of the following options, with approval in advance by the graduate advisor:
- Thesis Option: 30 credits of course work including satisfactorily completing thesis work, of which at least 6 credits will be CE A699
- Civil Engineering Project Option: 30 credits of coursework including satisfactorily completing a civil engineering project. At least 3 credits of the course work will be CE A686.
- Comprehensive Exam Option: 30 credits of coursework and a comprehensive exam to be administered in the final semester of study.
International18504 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18504 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National18504 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18504 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State8802 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8802 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.