Join a diverse and connected community dedicated to creating unforgettable performance opportunities and compelling academic experiences in Fort Worth and beyond. Choose from concentrations in brass, church music, music education, music theory/composition, organ, percussion, piano pedagogy, piano, strings, voice and woodwinds.
The Texas Christian University School of Music will challenge you to grow and excel personally and musically as we prepare you to join the next generation of world-changing teachers, performers, scholars, composers and arts advocates.
At the same time, You’ll be part of the larger TCU community a highly ranked national university providing students with unique intellectual challenges and unlimited opportunities.
At TCU, you’ll graduate with the skills collaboration, creativity, organization and leadership to pursue a successful career inside and outside the arts. Some Music graduates decide to attend law or medical school. Others continue their graduate studies at prestigious universities and conservatories across the country.
Our graduates have gone on to succeed as public and private school teachers, church music directors, freelance musicians, arts administrators, music producers and professional musicians in symphony orchestras, chamber ensembles or opera companies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- World Music for Music Majors
- Ear Training
- Symphony Orchestra
- Diction for Singers
- History of Sacred Music
- Survey of Opera Literature
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Music History Liberal Arts View 652 other Masters in Liberal Arts in United States
- To be admitted to the MM/MME degree programs, students must possess a Bachelor of Music or its equivalent, with a major in the area of proposed graduate study, including sophomore-level credit in an approved foreign language in the case of prospective majors in musicology, theory, composition, voice, or voice pedagogy. For admission, the student must have satisfactory undergraduate preparation for the particular degree sought which includes at least a “B” average in all undergraduate work and satisfactory scores on the appropriate tests required by the school/college.
- Complete the TCU College of Fine Arts Graduate Studies Application.
- Complete the TCU School of Music Graduate Audition Request Application. An additional $30 application fee is required for this application.
- CV or résumé.
- Three current letters of reference
- Audition Video/Recording
International32220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32220 USD per year during 12 months.
National32220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32220 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Fort Worth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.