Texas Christian University offers graduate education in numerous fields, ranging from the highly abstract to the applied and professional.
Because graduate education should be a broadening experience as well as a deepening of knowledge gained from undergraduate programs, the University offers students many options for their graduate studies.TCU affords its graduate students many advantages: an excellent library; many outstanding research facilities and laboratories; broad-based computer services; an excellent atmosphere for learning; and, most importantly, the opportunity to study with an outstanding and dedicated faculty, many of whom are scholars of national and international reputation. In all of its graduate programs, TCU seeks to foster teaching, learning and research of the highest quality.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Symphony Orchestra
- Chamber Music
- Recital I & II
- Musical Structure and Style
- Linear Analysis
- Analysis of Music: 1880-1950
- Seminar in Music Theory
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesMusic View 1074 other Masters in Music in United States
- To apply to the Master of Music program, students must possess a Bachelor of Music or its equivalent, with a major in the area of proposed graduate study, including sophomore-level credit in an approved foreign language in the case of prospective majors in musicology or theory/composition.
- Students applying in performance must present a satisfactory, in-person audition. In exceptional circumstances, permission may be granted for a video audition to be considered for admission.
- Students applying in the areas of musicology, theory/composition, and music education are required to submit acceptable GRE scores prior to admission.
International29340 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29340 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National29340 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29340 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.