The higher education master's degree program is designed for people pursuing careers in colleges and universities. The program prepares students to work in postsecondary institutions through exposure to the social, cultural, and organizational contexts of higher education, theories of leadership and student development, and current issues. Students develop the skills to practice informed decision-making in their roles as higher education professionals and the program embraces a social justice perspective to professional practice. The program also provides a solid foundation for students wishing to pursue doctoral work.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Inquiry I: Introduction to Quantitative Research
- Community College Today
- Topics in Higher Education
- Higher Education in the United States: Contexts and Populations
- Evaluation and Assessment: Enhancing Program Effectiveness and Student Learning
- Higher Education Law
- Organization Theory and Management in Higher Education
- Introduction to College Student
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
- Deadline passed, EEA/EU
- Deadline passed, Local
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research View 211 other Masters in Educational Research in United States
- Completed application
- Evidence of a bachelor's degree from a regionally-accredited institution
- Evidence of a 3.0 undergraduate GPA or an approved petition
- One (1) official transcript issued by the Registrar of each institution attended, sent directly to the Office of Graduate and Professional Enrollment.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from faculty or professionals who know your work
- Personal Statement: Essay of 500 words describing personal experience and interests in relationship to higher education and/or student affairs.
International730 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 730 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National730 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 730 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.