By having access to cutting edge educational experiences, skilled clinical supervision, and a rigorous academic program of study, students are afforded the opportunity to acquire a comprehensive body of knowledge, professional skills, ethical foundations, and cultural competencies. With an embedded emphasis on social justice and advocacy, this carefully structured training program prepares students for ethical practice, responsible citizenship, and lifelong learning in the field of clinical mental health counseling.
he Master’s degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling draws students from a variety of backgrounds (such as psychology, education, and sociology) and prepares them to become licensed mental health professionals. Graduates work with a wide range of populations and in a broad spectrum of settings including community agencies, mental health centers, and private practice. Program faculty bring a unique blend of clinical experience, professional leadership, and prominence as scholars. They intend to prepare counselors who can conceptualize and intervene in evidence-based ways to assist a broad cultural cross-section of individuals to improve their understanding, adjustment, and daily functioning across the lifespan. The program’s coursework, clinical supervision, and embedded social justice emphasis fosters not only counseling competence and self-awareness, but a commitment to responsible citizenship. Students enter as a cohort that functions as a learning community. This affords them not only support but the opportunity to develop close relationships and to learn from and about one another. This is facilitated as well by the small courses that are characteristic of the University of Redlands.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Sociocultural Counseling & Intervention
- Human Development Across the Lifespan
- Research & Evaluation
- The Counseling Process
- Intro to Substance Abuse Counseling
- Counseling Systems
- Crisis Intervention Counseling
- Theories of Counseling & Psychotherapy
- Introduction to Social Justice and Advocacy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
- Deadline passed, EEA/EU
- Deadline passed, Local
DisciplinesHealth Management Counselling View 897 other Masters in Counselling in United States
- Completed application
- Evidence of a bachelor's degree from a regionally-accredited institution
- One (1) official transcript issued by the Registrar of each institution attended, sent directly to the Office of Graduate and Professional Enrollment.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from faculty or professionals who know your work
- Personal Statement: Essay of 500 words describing personal experience and interests in the field.
- Evidence of Certificate of Clearance issued by CCTC
- Counseling Simulation
- International Student Supplement (part of the online application)
- Certificate of Finances and supporting financial documentation
- Scan or photocopy of biographical page from your passport and your dependents’ passports
International21900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 43800 USD for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
National21900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 43800 USD for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.