- The Master's in School and College Counseling program offered by the University of Redlands provides preparation for public and private school service, as students learn not only counseling and consultation skills but also how to build helping relationships. Coursework meets all standards required for the California Pupil Personnel Services (PPS), School of Counseling Credential.
- This program fuses school counseling training with a deep understanding of educational justice and its applications in the modern educational landscape. Students can choose to pursue the K-12 counseling track, the college track, or both. Rigorous fieldwork offers hands-on experience essential for career preparation in public and private school service and/or college and community college settings.
At the University of Redlands, our School of Education trains California's future school counselors not only to become empathetic and responsible advocates for students but also to develop a deep and holistic understanding of the role that educational justice plays within the field of school and college counseling. Our curriculum nurtures a deep awareness of the ways in which social and economic structures alter educational opportunities. Students learn to incorporate this knowledge into traditional school counseling techniques through our robust curriculum.
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Pupil Personnel Services: Counseling in Schools
- Curriculum and Program Development
- College Counseling Emphasis
- College Student Development Theory
- Higher Education in the United States
- Higher Education Law
- Organization Theory & Leadership in Higher Education
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
he MA in School and College Counseling is a selective program. Applications will be reviewed only twice - in March and in June.
DisciplinesSchool Counselling View 1039 other Masters in School Counselling in United States
- Completed application
- Evidence of a bachelor's degree from a regionally-accredited institution
- Evidence of a 3.0 undergraduate GPA or an approved petition - One (1) official transcript issued by the Registrar of each institution attended, sent directly to the Office of Graduate and Professional Enrollment
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from faculty or professionals who know your work
- Personal Statement: Essay of 500 words describing personal experience and interests in school or college counseling.
- Evidence of Certificate of Clearance issued by CCTC
- Evidence of negative TB test results within the last two years
- For School Counseling K-12 and Combo Track only: Meet the Basic Skills Requirement
International18480 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 770 USD per credit during 24 months.
National18480 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 770 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Redlands
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.