- There is an undeniable energy with clients coming and going and students rushing from clinic to classroom. The atmosphere is warm, friendly and comfortable. We believe the success of our program, spanning over 50 years, is a result of personalized education with small classes and an excellent in-house clinic with state-of-the-art audio and video capabilities. The collaborative relationship among students and faculty is personal, meaningful and contributes to a reputation for producing caring and expert professionals.
- Graduates from the Communication Sciences and Disorders program earn a Master of Science degree and meet academic and clinical practicum standards for the Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) in Speech-Language Pathology granted by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) and the Speech-Language Pathology license issued by the Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology and Hearing Aid Dispensers Board.
- Graduates at the University of Redlands also meet the requirements for the Speech-Language Pathology Services Credential from the Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC).
The Master of Science program in speech-language pathology at University of Redlands is accredited by the Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
- Neuropathologies of Speech, Language, and Cognition
- Development and Disorders in Monolingual and Bilingual Spanish Speakers
- Language and Cognitive Development: Typical and Atypical Variation
- Theory and Practice in Clinical Evaluation: Language and Learning Disorders
- Language, Culture, and Cognition
- Disorders of Voice
- Early Language Clinic
- Child Speech and Language Clinic
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Studies Language Studies Early Childhood Education View 1115 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
- Applicants must hold a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution or a recognized institution in another country before starting the graduate program. An undergraduate degree in Communication Sciences and Disorders is not required. Qualified students from all backgrounds are encouraged to submit an application.
- ASHA requires a minimum of 25 documented hours of clinical observation as a prerequisite to graduate level clinical practicum. This means graduate students must complete at least 25 observation hours before beginning direct client contact. Applicants do not need completed observation hours to apply to the program. However, the observation hours must be completed before working with a client.
- You must have passed a college-level Statistics course prior to starting the program.
International34020 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1134 USD per credit during 24 months.
National34020 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1134 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Redlands
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.