Bioinformatics and Computational Biology from Saint Louis University curriculum consists of a mix of required courses that build a strong foundation in bioinformatics and computational biology and elective classes that allow students to specialize in their expertise. Full-time students can complete the program in 18 to 24 months. Part-time students are welcome in the program.
There are many employment opportunities for graduates with a Master of Science in Bioinformatics and Computational Biology in the biotechnology, pharmaceutical, health care and software industries, as well as in academic, private and governmental research labs. St. Louis is home to many large and small biotech firms and is a national leader in biotech startups. St. Louis has medical schools at Saint Louis University and Washington University and is home to the Donald Danforth Plant Sciences Center, a world leader in plant and life sciences.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Algorithms in Computational Biology
- Bioinformatics Colloquium
- Molecular Techniques
- Advanced Biological Chemistry
- Geographic Information Systems in Biology
- Computer Vision
- Mathematical Statistics
- Advanced Molecular Biology
- Machine Learning
- High-Performance Computing
- Molecular Phylogenetic Analysis
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
March 15 is the priority deadline for scholarship award consideration.
DisciplinesBiology Bioinformatics Biochemistry View 349 other Masters in Bioinformatics in United States
- A bachelor's degree in biology, biochemistry, computer science, engineering, health science, mathematics, statistics, or a similar scientific field is required.
- Application completion and fee
- 1 letter of recommendation is required; 2 more are optional
- Statement of professional goals
- GRE general test scores are optional
- Demonstrate English Language Proficiency
- Proof of financial support
International1190 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1190 USD per credit during 18 months.
National1190 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1190 USD per credit during 18 months.
Living costs for Saint Louis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.