Counselor Education Program at Virginia State University candidates have the option of pursuing either the Master of Education (M.Ed.) or the Master of Science (M.S.) degree. The M.Ed. is practice and application oriented.
- The M.Ed. option requires a minimum of 60 academic credit hours and a comprehensive examination. The M.S. option places greater emphasis on research and evaluation. The M.S. requires a minimum of 54 credit hours.
- Candidates must also enroll in one additional Research and Thesis courses, complete and defend a research- data-driven thesis. Candidates should refer to the Graduate Catalog for the specific degree requirements.
- The School Counseling Pre K-12 specialization prepares candidates for careers in the elementary, middle and high school settings.
- The Mental Health Counseling specialization prepares candidates for careers in mental health agencies and/or non-school settings (i.e., community service boards, substance abuse centers, military counseling facilities and public/private community agencies).
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSchool Counselling Counselling Psychology View 637 other Masters in Counselling Psychology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You are expected to be aware of all graduation requirements and to take appropriate action to successfully complete them prior to your expected graduation date.
- To be eligible for graduation, graduate students must meet all degree requirements as outlined in the University Catalog and your departmental curriculum guide, and file an application for graduation by the published deadlines.
International18627 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18627 USD per year during 24 months.
National18627 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18627 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State8375 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8375 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.